Schools and programs can submit new updates to email@example.com.
Gifted and Talented Education (GATE)
The Gifted and Talented Education Project is now accepting applications for GATE Pre-Kindergarten screening for School Year 2019-2020. Children who are four years of age by July 31, 2019 are eligible to participate in the pre-screening process. Interested families may pick up applications from the GATE office located at the GDOE Headquarters Building B in Tiyan, on the third floor, room 313. Applications may be downloaded on the GDOE website at www.sites.google.com/gdoe.net/guam-gate. Testing will be conducted between March 1 and May 24, 2019. To complete testing, children must first be able to separate from parents, and will then undergo screening to include a visual-motor integration test, vocabulary test, and a visual-closure test. For more information, contact the GATE office at 300-3687/1247.
Agana Heights, 477-8040/60/8340
B.P. Carbullido, 734-4341
- Jan. 28: Mixed-up Monday! (mismatched clothes, backwards, inside out, etc.).
- Jan. 29: Ko’ko Comfy Day – wear relaxed clothing/bahaki attire.
- Jan. 30: WAVE club field trip today.
- Jan. 30: Ko’ko Color Coded Day! Preschool Gate, Head Start & Kinder – red, first – orange, second – yellow, third – green, fourth – blue, fifth – violet/purple.
- Jan. 31: Thoughtful Thursday – Show kindness day.
- Feb. 1: Wear your favorite outfit day!
- Feb. 1: World Read Aloud Day!
- Feb.1: Palåbran i mes (Chamorro word of the month): Guaiya (Love). Hu guaiya hao. (I love you).
- Feb. 4: School-wide assembly at 8 a.m.
- Feb 4-8: Fråsa i simåna (Chamorro phrase of the week): Guiaya hao yan otro taotao. (Love yourself and others).
- Feb. 5: 100th Day! Wear or design clothing to display 100 things!
- Feb. 8: Hafa Adai Pledge Island wear Friday.
- Feb. 11– 15: Fråsa i simåna: Magof Ha’ånen Guinaiya. (Happy Valentine’s Day).
- Feb. 11: I love Avengers! I love Justice League! Dress up as your favorite marvel or DC characters.
- Feb. 12: I love books! Dress up as your favorite book character.
- Feb. 12: PTO Meeting at 6 p.m. –Student of the Month to be recognized.
- Feb. 13: I love movies! Dress up as your favorite movie character.
- Feb. 14: I love sweets!
- Feb. 14: Valentine’s Day – Wear fancy clothing. Valentine’s Day dance!
- Feb. 15: I love scrabble! Wear shirts with letters and spell out messages of love and appreciation!
- Feb. 18-22: Fråsa i simåna: Fannå’i pås yan guinaiya. (Give peace and love.)
- Feb. 18: School-wide assembly at 8 a.m.
- Feb. 21: Career Day!
- Feb. 22: Hafa Adai Island wear Friday!
- Feb. 24–28: Fråsa i simåna: Guaiya i islå-mu. (Love your island).
PTO T-Shirt sales: Thursdays from 7:45 to 9 a.m. $9 each cash only. Sizes above adult XL an additional cost. Sangria (pink), Heather (gray).
Box Tops for Education: Last redemption is April 23.
I-Recycle Program: Please collect un-crushed aluminum cans and put it in a bag. Label the bag with your child’s name and room number. Place next to the recycle bin at front of the school. Inform your child’s teacher how many bags were collected. Proceeds go towards our school.
Monthly emergency drills: Parents are advised to cooperate when on campus during these drills.
Crime Stoppers: 477-HELP (4357) or guam.crimestoppersweb.com.
Capt. H.B. Price, 734-2159
Chief Brodie Memorial, 300-2241/43
C.L. Taitano, 472-4245
D.L. Perez, 653-2177/0404
Harry S. Truman, 565-5195 ext. 5360
Spirit week: Jan. 28 – Feb. 1:
- Jan. 28: Crazy Hat Day
- Jan. 29: Backwards Day
- Jan. 30: Tie dye Day
- Jan. 31: Crazy Hair Day
- Feb.1: Mismatch Day
Jan. 29: Book swap
J.M. Guerrero, 632-1540
School website: http://juanmguerrero12-13.wixsite.com/school-website/contact-us
J.Q. San Miguel, 477-9370/71/68
L.B. Johnson, 646-5046/8058
Feb. 4: Make-Up Day #3 – There will be classes on this day.
Feb. 8: PTO will be sponsoring the 100 Days of School Carnival from 1:15 to 2:30 p.m.
Marcial A. Sablan, 565-2238/2946
M.A.S.E.’s Get Fit 2K/5K: Marcial A. Sablan Elementary School’s Parent Teacher Organization and the Get Fit Committee will be hosting its third annual Get Fit 2K/5K Family Run/Walk on Feb. 2 at the Agat Mayor’s Office.
Fee: Pre-registration is $8 for youth ages 5 to 18 and $10 for adults or $35 for a group of four. Race day is $12.
Showtime is at 5 a.m. and go time is at 6 a.m. First 300 finishers will receive a Get Fit shirt. Register at Marcial A. Sablan Elementary School and Agat Mayor’s Office. Forms will be available in the school’s main office, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Rectory, Agat Tire & Lube, and Hornet Sports. For more information contact the or 482-7788.
Maria A. Ulloa, 632-5176/8090
http://mauelementaryschool.weebly.com or on Facebook at: mauelementaryschool
MAUES is accepting aluminum can donation, please make sure cans are clean.
Merizo Martyrs Memorial, 828-8779
M.U. Lujan, 789-1535
Ordot-Chalan Pago, 477-9645
P.C. Lujan, 734-3971/2 ext. 2911/15
If there are any changes to your child’s contact number and/or home address, contact the school’s main office as soon as possible with updated information.
Agueda Johnston, 472-6785
F.B. Leon Guerrero, 653-2080
Jose Rios, 475-2415/6
School website: https://sites.google.com/a/gdoe.net/jrms/.
L.P. Untalan, 300-2726/27
Check your child’s progress via Parent Portal. For access contact the school.
V.S.A. Benavente, 632-5647/300-6386/300-6387
George Washington, 734-2911/735-1600
Feb. 15: GW Dollar Carnival at G wing/gym courtyard from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Feb. 23: GW Gecko Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Agana Shopping Center, center court.
Students will be showcasing their work and talents. Please come by to see what the Gecko nation is all about.
Feb. 23: GW Alumni 5K Sunset Fun Run/Walk at Chamorro Village. Show time: 4 p.m. and go Time at 5 p.m.
Funds are raised for the school’s outdoor stage. T-shirts, umbrellas, and finisher medals are being pre-sold.
All GW Alumni are requested to participate. Call the school for more information.
John F. Kennedy, 642-2100 ext. 4330/4335
Southern High School, 300-4907/4855/57
Simon Sanchez, 653-2313/3625
Feb 2: Class of 2019 5K at Tiyan High School. Show time: 5:15 a.m. Go time: 6 a.m.
Feb 4: Typhoon Yutu Make-up day – (1,2,3) Black Day
Feb 12: Eskuelan Puengi (night school) First session begins
Feb 13: PASTA meeting at 6 p.m. in the cafeteria
Feb 21: SPIM meeting at 6 p.m. in the cafeteria
J.P. Torres Success Academy, 565-5291
iLearn Academy, 989-3789/99
Guahan Academy Charter School, 979-1065/6
Academy of Our Lady of Guam, 477-8203
Asmuyao Community School, 475-9276/482-1847
Bishop Baumgartner Memorial, 472-6670
Evangelical Christian Academy, 734-3241
Father Duenas Memorial, 734-2261/3
Guam Adventist Academy, 789-1515
Harvest Christian Academy, 477-6341
Maria Artero Catholic Preschool and Kindergarten, 472-8777
Notre Dame High School, 789-1676/1745
Find placement test online registration for incoming ninth graders on school website or the school’s Facebook page.
Jan. 27 to Feb. 1: Catholic Schools Week
Feb. 1: CSW Educators Conference – no classes
Feb. 4: Faculty/Staff Development Day – no classes
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, 565-5128/3822
San Vicente, 735-4240
Santa Barbara, 632-5578
St. Anthony, 647-1140/43
St. Francis, 789-1270/1350
St. John’s School, 646-8080
Join prospective and current families to learn more about the many opportunities St. John’s School has to offer at the school’s showcase and open house. Event begins at 6 p.m. Feb. 7 in the school’s gym.
Bring your friends and family, ask questions, meet teachers and school leadership, and get an in- depth look at the way St. John’s can help your child develop and build a bright future. For more info. call the school or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Southern Christian Academy, 565-7020
St. Paul Christian School, 637-9855
Temple Baptist Christian School, 477-9507