Schools and programs can submit new updates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department of Education
Tamuning Elementary School will assume an extended school day from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. through May 24, according to Guam Department of Education.
The schedule change will allow Guam DOE to make up lost instructional hours resulting from a half-day schedule implemented at Tamuning Elementary School earlier this school year.
For more information, contact Tamuning Elementary School at 646-8058.
Gifted and Talented Education (GATE)
The Gifted and Talented Education Project is now accepting applications for GATE pre-kindergarten screening for School Year 2019-2020. Children who are 4 years of age by July 31, 2019, are eligible to participate. Interested families may pick up applications from the GATE office at Guam DOE Headquarters Building B in Tiyan, Room 313. Applications may be downloaded at www.sites.google.com/gdoe.net/guam-gate. Testing will be conducted between March 1 and May 24. For more information, contact the GATE office at 300-3687/1247.
Agana Heights, 477-8040/60/8340
B.P. Carbullido, 734-4341
- Feb. 4: School-wide assembly at 8 a.m.
- Feb 4-8: Fråsa i simåna (Chamorro phrase of the week): Guiaya hao yan otro taotao. (Love yourself and others).
- Feb. 5: 100th Day! Wear or design clothing to display 100 things!
- Feb. 8: Hafa Adai Pledge Island wear Friday.
- Feb. 11– 15: Fråsa i simåna: Magof Ha’ånen Guinaiya. (Happy Valentine’s Day).
- Feb. 11: I love Avengers! I love Justice League! Dress up as your favorite Marvel or DC characters.
- Feb. 12: I love books! Dress up as your favorite book character.
- Feb. 12: PTO Meeting at 6 p.m. Student of the Month to be recognized.
- Feb. 13: I love movies! Dress up as your favorite movie character.
- Feb. 14: I love sweets!
- Feb. 14: Valentine’s Day. Wear fancy clothing. Valentine’s Day dance!
- Feb. 15: I love Scrabble! Wear shirts with letters and spell out messages of love and appreciation!
- Feb. 18-22: Fråsa i simåna: Fannå’i pås yan guinaiya. (Give peace and love.)
- Feb. 18: School-wide assembly at 8 a.m.
- Feb. 21: Career Day
- Feb. 22: Hafa Adai Islandwear Friday
- Feb. 24–28: Fråsa i simåna: Guaiya i islå-mu. (Love your island).
PTO T-shirt sales: Thursdays from 7:45 to 9 a.m. $9 each cash only. Sizes above adult XL an additional cost. Sangria (pink), Heather (gray).
Box Tops for Education: Last redemption is April 23.
I-Recycle Program: Please collect un-crushed aluminum cans and put them in a bag. Label the bag with your child’s name and room number. Place next to the recycle bin at front of the school. Inform your child’s teacher how many bags were collected. Proceeds go toward our school.
Monthly emergency drills: Parents are advised to cooperate when on campus during these drills.
Crime Stoppers: 477-HELP (4357) or guam.crimestoppersweb.com.
Capt. H.B. Price, 734-2159
Chief Brodie Memorial, 300-2241/43
C.L. Taitano, 472-4245
D.L. Perez, 653-2177/0404
Harry S. Truman, 565-5195 ext. 5360
J.M. Guerrero, 632-1540
School website: http://juanmguerrero12-13.wixsite.com/school-website/contact-us
J.Q. San Miguel, 477-9370/71/68
L.B. Johnson, 646-5046/8058
- Feb. 4: Make-up day. There will be classes on this day.
- Feb. 8: PTO will be sponsoring the 100 Days of School Carnival from 1:15 to 2:30 p.m.
Marcial A. Sablan, 565-2238/2946
Maria A. Ulloa, 632-5176/8090
http://mauelementaryschool.weebly.com or on Facebook at: mauelementaryschool
- Feb. 4: Make-up day
- Feb. 4-8: Counselor Week
- Feb. 20: Parent Teacher Organization at 6 p.m. in the school cafeteria
MAUES is accepting aluminum can donations; please make sure cans are clean.
Merizo Martyrs Memorial, 828-8779
M.U. Lujan, 789-1535
Ordot-Chalan Pago, 477-9645
P.C. Lujan, 734-3971/2 ext. 2911/15
- Feb. 4: Make-up day; classes in session.
- Feb. 14: Dress Down to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Students will be able to wear a red top with their choice of bottoms.
- Feb. 15: Chuck E Cheese’s Family Night fundraiser from 6 to 9 p.m. Proceeds will benefit the satellite store and library.
Box tops are being collected. Child must turn in to their teacher. The class with the most box tops wins a prize.
If there are any changes to your child’s contact number and/or home address, contact the school’s main office as soon as possible with updated information.
Registration is open daily from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Registration packets are available for pick up from the school or visit the school’s website.
Uniforms may be purchased from Royal Bics in Tamuning
Parents are reminded that student drop off is at 7:15 a.m. We apologize for any inconvenience but the safety of the students is our top priority.
- Feb. 4: Flexible make-up day
Agueda Johnston, 472-6785
F.B. Leon Guerrero, 653-2080
Jose Rios, 475-2415/6
School website: https://sites.google.com/a/gdoe.net/jrms/.
L.P. Untalan, 300-2726/27
Check your child’s progress via Parent Portal. For access contact the school.
V.S.A. Benavente, 632-5647/300-6386/300-6387
George Washington, 734-2911/735-1600
- Feb. 15: GW Dollar Carnival at G wing/gym courtyard from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Feb. 23: GW Gecko Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Agana Shopping Center, center court. Students will be showcasing their work and talents. Please come by to see what the Gecko nation is all about.
- Feb. 23: GW Alumni 5K Sunset Fun Run/Walk at Chamorro Village. Show time: 4 p.m. and go Time at 5 p.m. Funds are being raised for the school’s outdoor stage. T-shirts, umbrellas, and finisher medals are being pre-sold. All GW alumni are requested to participate. Call the school for more information.
John F. Kennedy, 642-2100 ext. 4330/4335
Southern High School, 300-4907/4855/57
Simon Sanchez, 653-2313/3625
- Feb 2: Class of 2019 5K at Tiyan High School. Show time: 5:15 a.m. Go time: 6 a.m.
- Feb 4: Typhoon Yutu make-up day. Black Day
- Feb 12: Eskuelan Puengi (night school). First session begins
- Feb 13: PASTA meeting at 6 p.m. in the cafeteria
- Feb 21: SPIM meeting at 6 p.m. in the cafeteria
J.P. Torres Success Academy, 565-5291
iLearn Academy, 989-3789/99
Guahan Academy Charter School, 979-1065/6
Academy of Our Lady of Guam, 477-8203
Asmuyao Community School, 475-9276/482-1847
Bishop Baumgartner Memorial, 472-6670
Evangelical Christian Academy, 734-3241
Father Duenas Memorial, 734-2261/3
Guam Adventist Academy, 789-1515
Harvest Christian Academy, 477-6341
Maria Artero Catholic Preschool and Kindergarten, 472-8777
Notre Dame High School, 789-1676/1745
Find placement test online registration for incoming ninth graders on school website or the school’s Facebook page.
Songfest tables and tickets are available for purchase in the Business Office.
Feb. 4: Faculty/Staff Development Day; no classes
Feb. 5: Progress report week
Feb.18: Presidents Day; no classes
March 2: Songfest/Family Night
March 4: Guam History & Chamorro Heritage Day; no classes
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, 565-5128/3822
San Vicente, 735-4240
Santa Barbara, 632-5578
St. Anthony, 647-1140/43
St. Francis, 789-1270/1350
St. John’s School, 646-8080
Join prospective and current families to learn more about the opportunities St. John’s School has to offer at the showcase and open house. Event begins at 6 p.m. Feb. 7 in the school’s gym.
Bring your friends and family, ask questions, meet teachers and school leadership, and get an in-depth look at the way St. John’s can help your child develop and build a bright future. For more info. call the school or email email@example.com.
Southern Christian Academy, 565-7020
St. Paul Christian School, 637-9855
Temple Baptist Christian School, 477-9507