Schools and programs can submit new updates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agana Heights, 477-8040/60/8340
B.P. Carbullido, 734-4341
Parents, a reminder that BPCES Now Starts at 8:28 a.m. & Ends at 2:45 p.m. due to Typhoon Wutip make up time.
CAR Riders: Parents please pick up your child before 3:30 p.m.
OFFICE Hours: 7:15 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
May Character Word: TRUSTWORTHINESS: Telling the truth, admitting wrongdoing and being trustworthy. Expected Behaviors: Be honest; keep promises; do what you say you will do; be a good friend; treat others like you want to be treated.
• Måyu (May) (Palåbran i mes Chamorro Word of the Month): Onra (Honor)
- May 1st-3rd – Onra i nanå-mu. (Honor your mother.)
- May 3rd – Fri. – Hafa Adai Island wear Friday!
- May 6th-10th- Onra i pumoksai hao. (Honor those who raised you.)
- May 6th – Mon. – NURSE’S Day! Students will write letters of appreciation to our Nurse Susan.
- May 6th – Mon. – Medieval Monday! Dress up like Kings, Queens, Lords and Ladies!
- May 7th – Tues. – HIP HOP vs. Rock & Roll (Pick a side and dress up!)
- May 8th – Wed. – SQUAD Day! Find your squad and dress alike, group costumes.
- May 9th – Thurs. – Our Future Looks Bright! Wear NEON or bright colored attire!
- May 10th – Fri. – DYNAMIC DUO DAY! Dress as things that go together: Peanut butter & Jelly; salt & pepper; Buzz & Woody; Batman & Robin, etc…
- May 12th – Sun. – Biba Ha’ånen Mannåna. (Happy Mother’s Day.)
- May 13th – Mon. – School -wide assembly 8 a.m. cafeteria.
- May 13th – Mon. – FIELD TRIP – 3rd & 4th grades Guam Megaplex Theaters & Chuck E. Cheese.
- May 14th – Tues. – PTO MEETING 6 p.m., ELECTION OF PTO OFFICERS FOR SY2019-20. Student of the Month to be recognized.
- May 15th – Wed. – 5th Grade PROMOTION Ceremony: Oasis Ballroom, Onward 9 a.m. One way bus fare for students. Attire: Sunday Best.
- May 16th – Thurs. – FIELD TRIP – Kinder, 1st, 2nd grades – Guam Megaplex Theaters & Chuck E. Cheese.
- May 17th – Fri. – FIELD TRIP – 5th grade – Valley of the Latte.
- May 20th-24th – Onra i taotao siha ni’manmåtai gi gera. (Honor those who have died during the war.)
- May 20th – Mon. – Awards/Recognition Ceremony: Kinder 8:45 a.m.; 1st grade 9:45 a.m.; 2nd grade 1 p.m.
- May 21st – Tues. – Awards/Recognition Ceremony: 3rd grade 8:45 a.m.; 4th grade 9:45 a.m.
- May 24th – Fri. – FIELD TRIP – 4th grade – Onward Water Park.
- May 27th – Mon. – Biba Ha’ånen Memoriåt. (Happy Memorial Day.) Holiday – Memorial Day – No classes.
- May 28th – Tues. – Last Day of Classes!
- June 10th – Mon. – SY2019-20 New Student Registration & Kindergarten Registration begins.
- August 13th – Tues. – SY2019-20 First Day of Classes!
Snacks: A reminder that students bring healthy snacks to school. No junk food, coffee, teas, sodas.
PTO T- Shirt Sales: Thursdays 7:45 to 9 a.m. $9.00 each CASH ONLY! Sizes above adult XL an additional cost. Sangria (pink), Heather (gray).
I-Recycle Program: Please collect uncrushed aluminum cans and put it in a bag. Label the bag with your child’s name and room number. Place next to the recycle bin at front of the school. Inform your child’s teacher how many bags were collected. Proceeds from
I-Recycle will go towards our school.
Monthly Emergency Drills: Parents are advised to cooperate when on campus during these drills.
CRIME STOPPERS: 477-HELP (4357). guam.crimestoppersweb.com
Capt. H.B. Price, 734-2159
Chief Brodie Memorial, 300-2241/43
C.L. Taitano, 472-4245
D.L. Perez, 653-2177/0404
Harry S. Truman, 565-5195 ext. 5360
April 29 – May 3: District wide assessment testing
Please also ensure your child eats breakfast, gets a good night’s rest, and comes to school on time. Once testing begins, all students who arrive tardy will be held in the cafeteria until the testing is over. They will make up the test for that day during makeup week.
J.M. Guerrero, 632-1540
School website: http://juanmguerrero12-13.wixsite.com/school-website/contact-us
J.Q. San Miguel, 477-9370/71/68
L.B. Johnson, 646-5046/8058
- April 22-30: District-wide assessments
Promotional/awards ceremonies for SY 18-19:
- May 15, 2019 5th Grade PROMOTIONAL 8:45 A.M. MES CAFETERIA
- May 20, 2019 1st Grade AWARDS CEREMONY 8:45 A.M. MES CAFETERIA
- May 20, 2019 2nd Grade AWARDS CEREMONY 10 A.M. MES CAFETERIA
- May 21, 2019 3rd Grade AWARDS CEREMONY 8:45 A.M. MES CAFETERIA
- May 21, 2019 4th Grade AWARDS CEREMONY 10 A.M. MES CAFETERIA
- May 22, 2019 Kindergarten PROMOTIONAL CEREMONY 8:45 A.M. MES CAFETERIA
Marcial A. Sablan, 565-2238/2946
Maria A. Ulloa, 632-5176/8090
http://mauelementaryschool.weebly.com or on Facebook at: mauelementaryschool
- May 10: Awards day schedule- Fifth grade promotion at 9 a.m. at Onward Beach Resort, Aqua Ballroom
- May 13: Kindergarten promotion at 9 a.m., Cafeteria
- May 14: First grade promotion at 9 a.m.,Cafeteria and second grade at 1:45 p.m., Cafeteria
- May 15: Third grade at 9 a.m. and fourth grade at 1:45 p.m. in the Cafeteria.
- May 21: Summer school student registration is due
- June 11- July 16: Summer school at Juan M. Guerrero elementary from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Coding Club: Wednesdays and Thursdays from 2:43 to 3:43 p.m.
- Island Girl Power club meeting every Thursday from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
- Girls exploring many skills (Gems) meetings are schedule every first, second and third Wednesday of every month from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
Parents ensure to check your child’s planner daily.
MAUES is accepting aluminum can donations; please make sure cans are clean.
Merizo Martyrs Memorial, 828-8779
M.U. Lujan, 789-1535
Ordot-Chalan Pago, 477-9645
P.C. Lujan, 734-3971/2 ext. 2911/15
- April 29–May 3: District Wide Assessment testing.
Box tops are being collected. Child must turn in to their teacher. The class with the most box tops wins a prize.
If there are any changes to your child’s contact number and/or home address, contact the school’s main office as soon as possible with updated information.
Registration is open daily from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Registration packets are available for pick up from the school or visit the school’s website.
Uniforms may be purchased from Royal Bics in Tamuning
Parents are reminded that student drop off is at 7:15 a.m. We apologize for any inconvenience but the safety of the students is our top priority.
Agueda Johnston, 472-6785
F.B. Leon Guerrero, 653-2080
Jose Rios, 475-2415/6
School website: https://sites.google.com/a/gdoe.net/jrms/.
L.P. Untalan, 300-2726/27
Check your child’s progress via Parent Portal. For access contact the school.
V.S.A. Benavente, 632-5647/300-6386/300-6387
George Washington, 734-2911/735-1600
- Effective March 14 to May 31: Senior behavior contract – Fourth Quarter
- May 31: Class of 2019 graduation ceremony at 2 p.m. at the University of Guam, Field House.
John F. Kennedy, 642-2100 ext. 4330/4335
Southern High School, 300-4907/4855/57
Simon Sanchez, 653-2313/3625
J.P. Torres Success Academy, 565-5291
iLearn Academy, 989-3789/99
Guahan Academy Charter School, 979-1065/6
Academy of Our Lady of Guam, 477-8203
Asmuyao Community School, 475-9276/482-1847
Bishop Baumgartner Memorial, 472-6670
Evangelical Christian Academy, 734-3241
Father Duenas Memorial, 734-2261/3
Guam Adventist Academy, 789-1515
Harvest Christian Academy, 477-6341
Maria Artero Catholic Preschool and Kindergarten, 472-8777
Notre Dame High School, 789-1676/1745
- May 5: 50th Jubilee brunch
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, 565-5128/3822
San Vicente, 735-4240
Santa Barbara, 632-5578
St. Anthony, 647-1140/43
St. Francis, 789-1270/1350
St. John’s School, 646-8080
Southern Christian Academy, 565-7020
St. Paul Christian School, 637-9855
Temple Baptist Christian School, 477-9507