The Delaware Division of Health reported 687 positive COVID-19 cases involving long-term care residents. A total of 228 residents of Delaware long-term care facilities have died from complications related to COVID-19.
Deaths linked to long-term care facilities account for more than 64 percent of total deaths from COVID-19 in Delaware. The death rate is one of the highest among the 50 states.
The state has ordered continuous testing of long-term care residents and staff. The president of AARP Delaware has called for increased transparency in reporting COVID-19 cases.
The state updates deaths on a weekly basis but does not break down the number of staff and residents testing positive from each facility.
The locations and number of deaths related to long-term care facilities are:
- Atlantic Shores Rehabilitation and Health Center, Millsboro (11)
- Brackenville Center, Genesis Healthcare, Hockessin (11)
- Brandywine Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Wilmington (17)
- Cadia Broadmeadow, Middletown (7)
- Delaware Psychiatric Center, New Castle (3)
- Delaware Hospital for the Chronically Ill, Smyrna (7)
- Governor Bacon Health Center, Delaware City (1)
- Harbor Healthcare and Rehabilitation, Lewes (16)
- Harrison House Senior Living, Georgetown (25)
- Hillside Center, Wilmington (3)
- Little Sisters of the Poor, Newark (11)
- ManorCare Health Services, Wilmington (11)
- ManorCare Health Services, Pike Creek (5)
- ManorCare Health Services, Newark (2)
- Methodist Country House, Wilmington (3)
- Milford Center, Genesis Healthcare, Milford (31)
- New Castle Health and Rehabilitation Center, New Castle (7)
- Newark Manor Nursing Home, Newark (5)
- Parkview Nursing and Rehabilitation, Wilmington (15)
- Pinnacle Rehabilitation and Health Center, Smyrna (16)
- Regal Heights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, Hockessin (3)
- Summit Assisted Living, Hockessin (3)
- Sunrise Assisted Living, Wilmington (2)
- Westminster Village, Dover (6)
Five other New Castle County long-term care facilities (1 death at each facility)
Two Sussex County long-term care facilities (1 death at the facility)